Updated: Jan 15
Did you make most out of your Valentine's Day marketing last year? Would you like to know WHY you SHOULD be heavily promoting Valentine's Day this year?
In a recent survey conducted by the Divas, we've uncovered that of the women surveyed, a gift voucher for a salon/spa was the 2nd most desired gift to be receiving.
What was number 1 you ask? The ol' favourite....roses!
Sometimes in our industry it seems you are just getting over one promotional season of opportunities, when you are heading straight for another reason to market - and isn't that just AWESOME for all salon owners!
After all, keeping your marketing fresh and exciting to your customers and potential customers is PERFECT for getting more bookings, selling more vouchers and making MORE MONEY!
So, yes, one promotional opportunity rolls into the next, and Valentine's Day is no exception for savvy salon owners...so, let's share some ideas for how you can maximise your Valentine's Day revenue.
1. Start tempting your social media followers with Valentine's Day just around the corner.
2. Keep your Valentine's Day branding consistent so your followers easily recognise your Valentine's Day campaign.
4. Keep your social media fun and interesting with interesting Valentine's Day stories - try to relate them back to your business.
5. Try NOT to sell all the time.
6. Record some video content for your social media.
7. Show your clients you LOVE them this Valentine's Day. Why not run a promotion where every day, one lucky client receives a special gift from you for Valentine's Day. Take photos/videos and post on your social media.
8. Send an email campaign to your clients with some Valentine's Day packages - make sure you have a SHARE link so that they can send it on to their partners/husbands.
9. Give your clients Valentine's Cards with a referral programme - for every friend they refer they will receive a gift or a voucher.
10. Make sure your salon is "dressed" for this busy retail opportunity. Posters in windows, and retail displays will help to trigger your clients to buy.
11. Offer Valentine's Day retail specials on your counter for those last minute impulse purchases.
12. Seek out Joint Venture opportunities with other businesses who have similar clients. Create conglomerate promotions, giving your clients bigger prize-winning opportunities, and more exposure via your partners marketing.
13. Develop promotional packages that your clients won't be able to resist for their partners, and that they will want to drop hints to their partners for themselves.
14. Why not show the love by supporting a charity this Valentine's Day, and market the fact that a percentage of all Valentine's Day sales will go to this charity.
15. Run a social media promotion where you are giving away a prize for Valentine's Day. Entrants must complete their email details to enter. This is a great way to grow your email database, and have potential clients email addresses is pure gold!
And of course, don't forget the follow up! After Valentine's Day, keep the love going by emailing everyone who came in on your Valentine's Day packages - and make them ANOTHER OFFER! You'd be surprised how many additional bookings you will get!
If you're not sure about HOW to create a killer campaign, and WHAT to do, then of course we are here to help! Speak to a Diva about your campaign.